Bike health checks and triage within the local community. Dr. Bike events are designed to increase the amount of journeys made by bicycle and promote cycling within the community.
Each bike health check will include:
- Thorough survey (M-check)
- Basic life support carried out as necessary (fixing punctures, broken chains etc.)
- Major trauma identified (missing parts, damage to frames, forks or components etc.)
- Vital functions monitored (braking and gear shifting)
- Casualty report (whether the bike is safe to ride or needs further treatment)
Each bike will be worked on for a maximum of 30 minutes. Any bike that does not reach a full recovery in this time will be referred to a local bike shop or a local mobile bike mechanic service which is participating in the free £50 fix your bike voucher scheme.